Thursday, August 11, 2011

Edmonton Alberta

First impressions of Edmonton
Relaxed and open spaces – I started to take really big breaths and totally felt like I had started a vacation.  There is hardly any traffic and everything seems to go at a much slower pace than Toronto.  The temperatures are great and the air is so fresh…no pollution at least in this end of town.
Stan shared how each neighbourhood is designated to be within a walled community.  There are no gates or anything, but each section has their own colour of fencing and a management company takes care of all of the maintenance for that community.  I would compare it to something like the Guild in Scarborough.

Stan and Eileen’s house is huge – similar to Aunt Mary and Uncle Peter’s. 
Friday night we had a chance to experience some Western hospitality.  Stan and Eileen cooked up a treat while wearing their cowboy hats.  Our Alberta fantasy was coming true!  We enjoyed some Alberta steaks barbequed on the grill.  I never eat red meat, but I thoroughly enjoyed the treat – it was delicious!  Oliver was hoping I would take my usual 2 bites and then pass it on, but no such luck for him.  I finished it all by myself and it was worth every bite!

No comments:

Post a Comment